Things to Know Before You Hire Us or Any Contractor
At Warner Construction we want you to be fully informed before you hire us or any contractor to ensure the work is performed professionally, timely, and all expectations are met. Being informed, prepared, and asking the right questions beforehand can help ensure your repair, remodel, or construction project goes as smoothly as possible.
Below we will give you a general guide on preparing yourself to hire the right contractor for your job, along with some actual price estimates from recent projects of ours so you can get an idea of what your project might cost. We hope this information will be useful to you in planning your next repair, remodel, or other construction project at your home or office.
Only Hire a Licensed Contractor
It seems like common sense, but most people won’t even check. Make sure whomever you hire to perform work on your home has an active license with the State of Florida. You can view our license here, and also search for other contractor’s licenses as well.
It is also a good idea to check for complaints and rating with the Better Business Bureau. Warner Construction Company has an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
General To-Do List
- Get several estimates, but don’t automatically go with the low bidder; analyze the estimates closely and question why there are price variances.
- Request a list of references of at least three previous customers you may contact. Ask each customer how long ago the project was and if it was completed on time, on budget, and if they were satisfied. Also ask if the contractor showed up on time, was professional, cleaned up after themselves and respected your property.
- Ask the contractor what types of insurance they carry and request copies of their certificates to ensure they are active.
- Get a written contract that includes the contractor’s name, address, phone number, and license number. The contract should also include a start and completion date, how any changes are to be handled, and exactly what the contractor will and will not do under the scope of the contract.
For more information click here.
What Can I Expect to Pay?
You can expect us to do the job right. Period. We may not be the lowest price you receive while requesting estimates, but you will always get an accurate, fair price and the assurance that the work will be done by professional craftsmen who take pride in their work. Keep in mind that some contractors may try to lure you in by bidding low, and either not do the job properly causing you larger problems down the road, or incurring cost overruns during the project costing you much more in the end anyway. Be sure to compare all estimates carefully and read all disclaimers. At Warner Construction, we do our best to bid accurately up front so you have no surprises during or at the end of your project. Here are just a few of our recent proposals to give you an idea of how we price our work:
- Exterior Improvements
- Water Leak Repair with Beam Replacement
- Water Damage Around Chimney
- Front Door Replacement
- Create Two Window Openings & Install New Windows
No matter what you decide about your repair, remodel, or construction project, we thank you for considering Warner Construction Company and wish you the best of luck. Please keep us in mind for your future construction needs.